Lucas den Boer
|1982||born in Beringen (Belgium) on December 14|
|2005||BA Education, Hogeschool Drenthe|
|2011||BA Fine Arts, Academie Minerva|
|2012||BA Philosophy, University of Groningen|
|2015||MA Philosophy (research), University of Groningen|
|2015-present||research assistant ‘Asia Beyond Boundaries’ (ERC) / PhD student under the supervision of P.C. Bisschop and P. Dundas (Edinburgh), LIAS, Leiden University|
|2015-present||lecturer in Asian philosophies, University of Groningen|
Special activities and positions
- Participant International Summer School for Jain Studies, Delhi, 2014
- Associate member of Jaina Studies at Ghent University, 2014-
- Committee member of VVIK, 2015-
- (Co)organiser of IIGRS 7 (International Indology Graduate Research Symposium), 16-17 October 2015
2013 Review of: Himal Trikha, Perspektivismus und Kritik: das pluralistische Erkenntnismodell der Jainas angesichts der Polemik gegen das Vaiśeṣika in Vidyānandins Satyaśāsanaparīkṣā, Vienna, 2012. BEI 31: 267-272.
– “Cārvāka arguments against the existence of the soul: a translation of Guṇaratna’s Tarkarahasyadīpikā 49.98-49.105,” paper presented in October 2013 at a research meeting of the History of Philosophy department of the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Groningen. Academia https://www.academia.edu
2014 “Methodological challenges in the study of Jain doxographies.” CSRCA (Centre for the Study of Religion and Culture in Asia) Newsletter Autumn 2014: 27-30.
– “Jaina Logic: SOAS Jaina Studies Workshop 2013” (conference report), Newsletter of the Centre of Jaina Studies, March 2014: 10-13.
– “Guṇaratna’s refutation of the Cārvāka perspective on Consciousness,” conference paper presented at the 6th International Indology Graduate Research Symposium (Hamburg, October 6th to 8th, 2014). https://www.academia.edu