Floris Paul Blankenberg
|1953||born in Utrecht|
|1972-1979||studied cultural anthropology, Utrecht University|
|1981-1985||PhD research under supervision of Enno Hommes, Twente University|
|1985-1987||DANIDA: Evaluation adviser in Noakhali District, Bangladesh|
|1987-1989||ECOTEC Resource Development Consultants, Haarlem|
|1989-1998||Novib: manager India country programme, evaluation manager, The Hague|
|1998-present||Ministry of Foreign Affairs: evaluation manager SNV, policy officer, HRM manager, Inspector IOB, The Hague|
Publications on South Asia
1981 Sandhal padati: a traditional system of labour-exchange in a changing village economy, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam (CASP serie werkdocumenten, Faculteit der Sociale Wetenschappen).
1983 Implementation of windmills in Gujarat, India. Paper, Twente University.
– Implementation of biogas plants in Gujarat, India. Paper, Twente University.
– Implementation of solar cookers in Gujarat, India. Paper, Twente University.
– Implementation of biogas plants in Tamil Nadu, India. Paper, Twente University.
1985 Implementation of rural technology projects in India: an exploratory research, PhD thesis, Twente University.
1988 Historical review of the Noakhali rural development project, Bangladesh 1977-1987: manual for the mid-term evaluation 1988: report of a DANIDA-financed desk-study on behalf of the NRD/DANIDA project II, Noakhali, Bangladesh. ECOTEC Resource Development Consultants, Haarlem.
– A few steps forward: a decade of cooperation experience in regional development between Bangladesh and Denmark, Kopenhagen: DANIDA.
1991 Appropriate technology for rural development in India, New Delhi: Concept Publications. – Reprint of PhD thesis.
– “Strategic management of the national biogas development project in Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.” In: Hein Streefkerk and T.K.Moulik: Managing rural development: health and energy programmes in India, New Delhi-London: Sage, pp. 136-152.